ABOUT THE FUTURE CMO MOVEMENT IN GENERAL
This group is not an organisation, but a group of marketing, management, consulting and ICT revolutionaries, individuals pushing the limits further and ambitiously learning new. Every change starts from individuals – this is a place for such individuals to share, learn, debate and inspire
1. We embrace open source culture and active sharing – we hate status quo and don’t want to get tied-up with fixed costs and organisation
2. We are independent – we collaborate with everyone who can add value and share valuable insight, tools and ideas
3. We are open for any kind of improvement ideas. The best place to discuss them is the LinkedIn community and every single article is a launch pad for debate
4. People and participants make money with their knowledge and reputation – Future CMO Movement is non-profit and only offer intellectual satisfaction
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
1. Follow the blog and join conversation: sharing and commenting = appreciation
2. Join the LinkedIn community and join the debate there. Joining the club is completely free. Join here FutureCMO LinkedIn Group
3. Become an author: If you have great material to share for Future CMO members and readers, contact toni.keskinen(at)gmail.com
4. We are going to arrange events some time some where – once we do, all followers will be informed and be the first to know about it!
Why Chief Marketing Officer – CMO?
The CMO’s role is in enormous pressure to change. Consequently every marketing related partner is under that same pressure. It doesn’t end there: CMO must change, management must change and change must be managed corporate and market wide.
CMO’s are specialists in understanding customer needs, preferences and they have their senses tuned to customer’s frequency. Simultaneously they are operating within the board and get internal business information. They also manage liquid capital and prioritize its use. They should know whether this capital provide best return on investment if it’s used to service development or promotion. We expect to see development in which CMO’s lead the change or they are required to do so. CMO has to do more than just plan advertising campaigns. The origin of marketing definition was about 4P’s: Price, Place, Product and Promotion. Lately CMO’s responsibilities have been only concentrating on the promotion part. Now, the CMO’s role is coming back to its roots, which is at the core of corporate strategy and operations.
FutureCMO.org will become a network in which CMO’s, CEO’s, managers and experts can contribute, share and learn together. We need to re-invent and define new view on:
- Research: qualitative and quantitative
- Data mining and management
- Managing cross-channel customer behaviour
- Understanding internal financial information, structure and flexibility
- Innovation and creativity
- Customer relationships
- Technology development
- Ecosystems and markets
You can’t eat an elephant with one bite, but over time you can eat it bit by bit. If there are more people helping you and each others it’ll get done faster. Join the movement and we can do this together!
We are looking for corporate partners and experts who would like to publish their opinion and articles here. Let us know if you would like to publish, speak in an event or partner with us. Please contact: toni.keskinen(at)futurecmo.org